Old May 22nd 05, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Colin McKenzie) wrote:

For occupants, maybe - fewer falls from platforms. The jury's still
out on their effects on cyclists and motorcyclists.

As a cyclist on Euston Road between King's Cross station and Judd
Street I find the bendies on the 73 such a nightmare that I slip
off under Camden Town Hall into the back streets if I see one ahead
of me.

On a bike you can't pass a bendy at a stop because they are twice
as long as a Routemaster. By the time you get to the front of one
it starts off.

It least that confirms TfL's claims about quicker boarding. Is it
really a "nightmare" to have to wait a few seconds behind the bus until
it moves off again?
--
Richard J.