Old May 22nd 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Colin McKenzie) wrote:

For occupants, maybe - fewer falls from platforms. The jury's still
out on their effects on cyclists and motorcyclists.

As a cyclist on Euston Road between King's Cross station and Judd
Street I find the bendies on the 73 such a nightmare that I slip
off under Camden Town Hall into the back streets if I see one ahead
of me.

On a bike you can't pass a bendy at a stop because they are twice
as long as a Routemaster. By the time you get to the front of one
it starts off.

It least that confirms TfL's claims about quicker boarding. Is it
really a "nightmare" to have to wait a few seconds behind the bus until
it moves off again?

They also seem to get closer to the kerb so making it impossible to pass
on the nearside even when they're moving. The nightmare was the cycle in a
triangle signs on the back of a 73 positively revelling in their
bike-unfriendliness.

--
Colin Rosenstiel