Old May 22nd 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

They also seem to get closer to the kerb so making it impossible to
pass on the nearside even when they're moving. The nightmare was
the cycle in a triangle signs on the back of a 73 positively
revelling in their bike-unfriendliness.

I'm not familiar with these signs. Are they suggesting to cyclists that
squeezing between the bus and the kerb might be dangerous? Seems
sensible to me. Again, it's only a "nightmare" if you believe that
cyclists deserve priority over buses and their passengers.

I've seen them on the back of one 73, at both corners in the back window.
Looked official. Cyclists (and the highway authorities) expect to use the
nearside of any bus lane.

--
Colin Rosenstiel