Old May 23rd 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2005 00:15 +0100 (BST),
(Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

I've seen them on the back of one 73, at both corners in the back
window. Looked official. Cyclists (and the highway authorities) expect
to use the nearside of any bus lane.

To use it, yes. To undertake dangerously using it, no. If such
undertaking was to be permitted/sensible, there would be a separate
cycle lane on the nearside as there is in some locations.

(You may be getting the impression that I'm biased against cyclists.
I'm not - I cycle myself. The thing I'm against is irresponsible
cycling, of which this strikes me as an example, as it gives cyclists
a bad reputation.)

I dive off under Camden Town Hall to avoid the issue of course. Why do
these problems only seem to arise with bendies and not with conventional
length buses?

--
Colin Rosenstiel