Old May 23rd 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default The Victoria line was Flying terminus was Connectivity

Rupert Candy wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 23 May 2005:

Since Brixton's NR service is pretty feeble, IME far more people
(myself included) join the Victoria Line at Brixton from buses. It acts
as a (pretty unpleasant) parkway station for a huge area of tubeless
London, and I think is the busiest station outside Zone 1. If only it
had a decent bus interchange (like Hammersmith)!

If the CRT ever becomes a reality, they are going to HAVE to make a
decent bus interchange, or it will be even more impossible than it
already is. I would rather get the NR service if possible to Victoria,
but the NR station is considerably more unpleasant than the Victoria
Line one, so you have to time it right!

I have to admit that one thing Ken Livingstone has done is to increase
the number of buses southbound from Brixton in the rush hour. Time was,
if I wanted to go to Streatham for 18.45 (which I do about once or twice
a week), I had to leave the house at 17.45 if I were to have any hope of
getting on a bus, and usually walk up to the stops by Brixton Police
station to have any hope of getting on a southbound bus. These days I
normally can get on the first bus that comes, and failing that, the
second.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/