Old May 23rd 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...
It least that confirms TfL's claims about quicker boarding. Is it
really a "nightmare" to have to wait a few seconds behind the bus until
it moves off again?

I ride through here on many weekday mornings, and TBH I don't really have
any safety issues with it. However, time and again I get delayed on the
approach to turning left into Judd Street because you have one or more bendy
buses stopped in the left-hand lane which need to move rightwards and have
difficulty getting in to the traffic flow because of their length. I feel
sorry for cars in this situation - at least on a bicycle you can make up the
lost time by walking the bike past the red traffic lights.

There's also a major problem outside Holborn station, where there are almost
invariably delivery vans of one sort of another parked near the bus stops,
again causing buses (particularly the bendy buses on route 521?) to block
the road. The effects of this can be seen right back to Russell Square on a
bad morning.