Old May 23rd 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

In article , (David
Splett) wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...
It least that confirms TfL's claims about quicker boarding. Is it
really a "nightmare" to have to wait a few seconds behind the bus
until it moves off again?

I ride through here on many weekday mornings, and TBH I don't really
have any safety issues with it. However, time and again I get delayed
on the approach to turning left into Judd Street because you have one
or more bendy buses stopped in the left-hand lane which need to move
rightwards and have difficulty getting in to the traffic flow because
of their length. I feel sorry for cars in this situation - at least on
a bicycle you can make up the lost time by walking the bike past the
red traffic lights.

Hence the dive off under Camden Town Hall before the lights and miss all
that faffing about.

There's also a major problem outside Holborn station, where there are
almost invariably delivery vans of one sort of another parked near the
bus stops, again causing buses (particularly the bendy buses on route
521?) to block the road. The effects of this can be seen right back to
Russell Square on a bad morning.

Ah! I turn at Russell Square, go past the BM to Bloomsbury Street for St
Martin's Lane. Gave up passing Holborn a very long time ago.

--
Colin Rosenstiel