Old August 20th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

On 20 Aug 2003 03:27:43 -0700, (umpston) wrote:

I think I would prefer a ‘post-pay’ system, a much better
customer-service. Given their huge financial turnover I can’t
see any reason why TfL shouldn’t set up Oyster credit accounts
(just like your gas bill or credit card) and send out monthly bills
for your travel. Non-payment needn’t be much of a problem if
they made it direct-debit only.

Agreed - it could also be intelligent and charge single fares up until
a One Day Bus Pass or Travelcard would be better value, and change
onto one of those as appropriate, with the actual charge for a given
day being calculated at the end of the charging period (4am?).

Neil