Old August 20th 03, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default "The West" to Surbiton by rail?

In article , Brian Watson
writes
Rather than drive him all the way "dahn sarf", I thought I could drop him at
Reading or Heathrow or similar and he could make his way on to Surbiton from
there.

None of those are terribly helpful (to you, never mind him). Reading
station is a *long* way from the M4, for example. The quickest way from
Bristol to Cambridge is via Birmingham :-(

Having lived in Surbiton, it's a real pain to get to from the NW.

A compromise might be Chertsey (maybe ten minutes more out of your way
than Heathrow, and half an hour by train to Surbiton with a change at
Weybridge).
--
"It used to be that what a writer did was type a bit and then stare out of the
window a bit, type a bit, stare out of the window a bit. Networked computers