Old May 24th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

Mizter T wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 24 May 2005:

As Dave Arquati recently pointed out, if you're buying a weekly or
longer Bus Pass, you may find it helpful to stump up a tiny bit more
(in the case of a weekly ticket it's just 20p) to get a single zone
Travelcard. Any weekly Travelcard for any zone except zone 1 will cost
you £11.20, as opposed to £11 for a weekly Bus Pass.

Yes, but you can't use it to get anywhere decent. Like today I thought
of going over to Surrey Quays, and that involves a change at London
Bridge. I suppose I can use it on trains, though - Streatham to Peckham.
No, that wouldn't work - Streatham is in Zone 3. Everywhere useful
seems to be either in zone 3 or zone 1. I suppose Clapham High Street
to Denmark Hill to Lewisham.... but I don't want to do that very often.

But public transport is expensive in London relative to the rest of the
world. It can be fairly expensive all over the UK as well.

It's a lot cheaper in London than in some other places!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/