Old May 24th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith Ian Smith is offline

Default Unicycles on the London Underground

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.cycling.]
On Mon, 23 May 2005, JNugent wrote:
Mark Thompson wrote:

I think he mentioned them as a way of highlighting the idiocy of
banning a unicycle...

Why?

Do rucksacks also have hardened steel sharp bits sticking out and/or
covered in black grease as well?

As well as what?

None of my rucksacks have hardened steel sharp bits sticking out
(unless, I suppose, I put a hardened steel sharp thing that's too big
to fit entirely inside partly within the rucksack).

Neither does my unicycle. Nor is it covered in black grease (or any
other sort of grease). There's a small amount of grease sealed within
the pedals, and an even smaller amount sealed within the cartridge
bearings.

The tyre, pedal ends and seat (ie, all extremities) are all black
rubber, so not liable to scratch dig or gouge anything.

regards, Ian SMith