Old May 24th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

Mrs Redboots wrote:

Yes, but you can't use it to get anywhere decent. Like today I

thought
of going over to Surrey Quays, and that involves a change at London
Bridge. I suppose I can use it on trains, though - Streatham to

Peckham.
No, that wouldn't work - Streatham is in Zone 3. Everywhere useful
seems to be either in zone 3 or zone 1. I suppose Clapham High

Street
to Denmark Hill to Lewisham.... but I don't want to do that very

often.

Hmm... Mrs C had a similar problem wanting to go from Gipsy Hill (Z3)
to Barnes (Z3) this weekend, which she couldn't do using her Zone 3
weekly travelcard (because it can't be done without a change at Clapham
Junction). There wasn't even an easy way of paying the extra
fare - huge queue at ticket office put us off buying a YP CDR from
boundary Z3 to Putney - so we ended up just buying a return to Putney
from the machine. Of course, if we had been on the tube, this wouldn't
have been a problem (since said Travelcard is on an Oyster). Gah.