Old August 20th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:25:16 +0100 Dave Arquati said...

I also thought that the system would just charge you for a Travelcard if the
cost of your journeys that day exceeded £4.20 (new Z12 price) - so if I make
two tube journeys and two bus journeys all in Z1, I get charged for a
Travelcard and not two Carnet tickets and two Saver tickets. But some people
seem to be saying this will not be the case because the system will not
handle Travelcards?

The Oystercard web site doesn't give much detail about daily tickets, all
it says is:

"All tickets valid for less than 7 days, will continue to be available on
paper. Later we'll be launching an exciting new pay-as-you-go product
exclusive to Oyster called Pre Pay. This will be ideal for those of you
who travel regularly but do not buy a season ticket. We'll be telling you
a great deal more about this soon."

--
Phil Richards
London, N4