Old May 24th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

In my experience, the conductors used to be a lot more thorough then
they are at the moment and were in the recent past. I say this from
experience, as when I was a 'wee lad' I lived on a Routemaster route,
and have for many years since, and I'd say I've a fair few hours under
my belt riding them!

In fact one of the conductors on said route was given an MBE, having
been nominated for his kindly demeanour and generally sound manner.

The knowledge that your job is about to become obsolete is not really a
great motivation to provide a thorough service - hence I think that in
the dying months of the Routemasters some conductors often became
pretty laissez faire with regards to their ticket checking duties.