Old May 25th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default TfL Board gives approval for next step for DLR Stratford extension

Boltar wrote:
Is it just my opinion or do other people think the DLR is being pushed
beyond
what its really suited for? It was desinged to be a local tram-like
service
around the docks area. Now it seems to be turning into an east london
tube/train replacement and I'm not sure its really up to the job. The
trains
are not very comfortable for long journeys and just don't have the
capacity.

I couldn't disagree with that. It does continue a long tradition of public
transport policies in the UK. Too little too late and on the cheap.