Old May 25th 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Connectivity

lonelytraveller wrote:

Blackfriars - The Waterloo & City line passes directly beneath here, a
connection to it would alleviate travel from Bank to Blackfriars (thus
rendered 1 stop rather than 4) and from Blackfriars to Waterloo
(currently 4 stops including interchange), assuming the frequency of
the line was changed to something more similar to the other tube lines,
so that it could cope with the number of passengers. A connection here
would be amazingly significant to journey times from this area, and
routes from more north that involve using thameslink, as well as
connecting the area up much better.

Waterloo to Blackfriars was my school commute, at least until a change in
timetable gave me more time to enjoy a walk through the city. I would
certainly have found this useful, but it would have added time to the W&C
line and I honestly doubt there would be would be tolerable usage. There's
already links from Thameslink to Waterloo at both London Bridge and Elephant
& Castle, whilst City Thameslink provides better access for the City.

Alternately, I am also surprised that
they never considered a station at Holborn Viaduct on the original
central line, which would also have provided such a connection, since
this is quite a busy area, and the gap between St Pauls and Chancery
Lane is quite large.

Didn't the original St. Paul's (in its Post Office days) lift shafts come up
much closer to Holborn Viaduct? Would this have been a viable additional
station or would it have just overlapped?