Old May 25th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Connectivity

Tom Anderson wrote:

Or something, so you can do it all at Aldgate. This, however, would be
awful for anyone who just wanted to head east - you'd have to choose
between two platforms and hope you picked the one with the first train,
whereas at present, you just have one. I'm not really sure who it would
make life easier for; the stations on either side provide easier changes
from the District and H&C to the Circle.

Maybe, but the service on the H&C is frankly poor. Many times when I've had
to travel Euston Square to Stepney Green I've found it impossible to catch a
through service and instead wind up having to change two or three times
using the Circle/Met (sometimes both if one stops at Moorgate), H&C and
District. An integrated Aldgate station would usually allow me a single
interchange rather than perpetually catching trains for two stops at a time
on a through route.

What i'd do, if we were going to dig up bits of the City, is rearrange
Tower Hill - possibly with an extra bit of track from Minories junction -
so that Metropolitan trains could terminate there instead of Aldgate. Oh,
and link the station up with Fenchurch Street and Tower Gateway properly
while i'm down there.

Are the through platforms at Aldgate long enough to support Met trains?
Otherwise I'm inclined to agree with this.