Old May 25th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Salmon John Salmon is offline

Default Bromley North Line

"Joe" wrote
Yea, that's why I asked. I was looking at the LDBs and all the trains
seem to be shuttles.
What's the reason for running it as a shuttle, anyone know? Congestion
on the MainLine & other services couldnt be cutBack?

The Bromley North branch also suffers from being on the "fast" side of the
layout at Grove Park - a bit like Coulsdon North on the Brighton line, which
closed largely, I think, as a result of the local (slow) and through (fast)
lines being swapped over in the 1980's, leaving it awkwardly situated.