Old August 20th 03, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Blewett Mark Blewett is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:23:40 +0100, CJG
wrote:

We aren't putting up the fares really! Just encouraging people to use
Oyster.

Encouraging?

From http://www.oystercard.com/sub_get_tickets.php

"Currently, Oyster is available only for adult customers who need to
renew Annual and Monthly Travelcards or Annual Bus Passes."

Doesn't cover 100% of ticket sales does it? And from the site no date
when "daily tickets" will be available.... tho I bet the daily tickets
don't come in before the price rise.

I'd gladly except the oystercard (as someone who travels in the
evening from zone 6 a few times a week)...there are advantages... not
having to wait 15+ minutes to get a ticket at the booking office, and
ticket machines which are either bust, not accepting some coins... et
al. Tho a few questions (which I can't find answers too);

- Will the "travel card" contune to exist? Or will payment be on a per
journey basis?

- Whats the lifetime/units of credit? For example paying in advance
does it mean being extempt from price increases?

Just remember Ken and LU think we are all stupid.

We are not... A final question tho!

Why did the "handover" only occur recently (as I understand it), and
not when Ken came to power? Since it's only a short while until the
election... is this a political thing? It shouldn't be... but I get
the feeling it maybe?