Old May 26th 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Connectivity

Tom Anderson wrote:

Maybe, but the service on the H&C is frankly poor. Many times when I've
had to travel Euston Square to Stepney Green I've found it impossible to
catch a through service and instead wind up having to change two or three
times using the Circle/Met (sometimes both if one stops at Moorgate), H&C
and District.

That's true - a friend of mine used to live in Stepney Green, and visiting
her after work, which in my case is near Euston Square, was no fun. Having
the off-peak H&C end at Whitechapel doesn't help with this, either.

It now nominally runs past there at off peak, but the through service is
quite difficult to find.

This is not a reason to further impede interchange, though, it's a reason
to improve the service - ramping up the H&C frequency, or swapping the
eastern ends of the H&C and Metropolitan lines, would be a start. The
tangele of flat junctions round there doesn't help, of course; maybe we
should grade them all while we've got the spades out .

Does the Aldgate - Barking section of the District have the capacity for
this? I always get the impression that the Circle and attached lines just
simply doesn't work as a decent service because of all the traffic and
destinations.