Old May 26th 05, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Connectivity

In article , Tom
Anderson writes
Are the through platforms at Aldgate long enough to support Met
trains? Otherwise I'm inclined to agree with this.

I haven't been there in ages, but from my memory of looking at a track
map, i think the platforms are islands, with the through faces a few
feet away from the terminal ones,

Correct.

and presumably the same length, BICBW.

Not quite. It's only a matter of inches, but the curvature means that
the Inner Rail platform is the shortest, while the Outer Rail one is
limited by the safety margins for the diamond crossings (W/B H&C and E/B
District) at each end.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: