Old May 26th 05, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Connectivity

In article , Tim Roll-Pickering
writes
Maybe, but the service on the H&C is frankly poor. Many times when I've had
to travel Euston Square to Stepney Green I've found it impossible to catch a
through service and instead wind up having to change two or three times
using the Circle/Met (sometimes both if one stops at Moorgate), H&C and
District. An integrated Aldgate station would usually allow me a single
interchange rather than perpetually catching trains for two stops at a time
on a through route.

Absent the *extremely* rare reversal at King's Cross or Farringdon,
*ALL* eastbound H&C trains call at both Euston Square and Aldgate East
and are not overtaken by Circle or Met. trains en route. So you can
*never* save time by doing what you say you do; you simply wait at a
different place.

Yes, an Aldgate interchange would allow you to take a Circle/Met. to
Aldgate and then walk through long enough passages to miss the following
H&C train, but I'm not sure that there's a great public benefit there.

Are the through platforms at Aldgate long enough to support Met trains?

No.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: