Old May 26th 05, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Transport games (was Flying terminus was Connectivity)

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

Probably not the most sensible use of railway space, either way!

I take it you've never played Transport Tycoon.

Could never get it recognise my sound card .

You've just described a Ro-Ro station.

http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/rail2

Curses!

I love the idea of using TT as a sort of eye-candified SIMSIG or
something. It does buses too, so one could try using it to model bits of
London. I understand Ken is a SimCity fan (or at least was during the
interregnum), so he might be open to using it as a strategic planning tool.

You might consider doing your master's project on a TT model of London.
You'd be unlikely to graduate, but you'd probably make Slashdot.

LOL, I'm not so sure... those buses in TT never go down the streets you
want them to, and have a habit of getting stuck on level crossings and
getting hit by trains. And the trains can be a bit dodgy too - after
all, they can go around right-angled corners! Oh, and the key issue -
passengers wait at a station but they don't mind where you take them to;
they all get on the first train! Apart from that, it's a brilliantly
addictive game.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7