Old May 26th 05, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
mmellor mmellor is offline

Default Bromley North Line

John Salmon wrote:
"Joe" wrote
Yea, that's why I asked. I was looking at the LDBs and all the trains
seem to be shuttles.
What's the reason for running it as a shuttle, anyone know? Congestion
on the MainLine & other services couldnt be cutBack?

The Bromley North branch also suffers from being on the "fast" side of the
layout at Grove Park - a bit like Coulsdon North on the Brighton line, which
closed largely, I think, as a result of the local (slow) and through (fast)
lines being swapped over in the 1980's, leaving it awkwardly situated.

Coulsdon North was always off the fast (Quarry) line - the 1980s
changes didn't alter tracks in that area. What they did do was
rationalise the arrangements between S. Croydon & Windmill
Bridge/Gloucester Rd.

I thought Coulsdon N closed because Smitham (next door) could perform
its functions very adequately.

Mike