Old May 26th 05, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Transport games (was Flying terminus was Connectivity)

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Probably not the most sensible use of railway space, either way!

I take it you've never played Transport Tycoon. You've just described
a Ro-Ro station.

http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/rail2

I love the idea of using TT as a sort of eye-candified SIMSIG or
something. It does buses too, so one could try using it to model bits
of London. I understand Ken is a SimCity fan (or at least was during
the interregnum), so he might be open to using it as a strategic
planning tool.

You might consider doing your master's project on a TT model of London.
You'd be unlikely to graduate, but you'd probably make Slashdot.

LOL, I'm not so sure... those buses in TT never go down the streets you
want them to,

And this is different to London how?

and have a habit of getting stuck on level crossings and getting hit by
trains.

Ah, that is different to London - we don't have many level crossings, so
the buses have to hit bridges instead.

And the trains can be a bit dodgy too - after all, they can go around
right-angled corners!

Hey, you're the DLR fanboy here - those little buggers routinely do
manoeuvres that would make the trains at Alton Towers look like
supertankers!

Oh, and the key issue - passengers wait at a station but they don't mind
where you take them to; they all get on the first train!

I am beginning to think you have never actually used the circle line.

Apart from that, it's a brilliantly addictive game.

Well, people do find it hard to give up using the tube.

The crucial question, though, is does Ken know the cheat code to instantly
upgrade all lines to monorails?

tom

--
Punk's not sexual, it's just aggression.