Old May 26th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default TfL Board gives approval for next step for DLR Stratford extension

Paul Corfield wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 26 May 2005:

On 26 May 2005 02:08:30 -0700, "Boltar" wrote:

Anyone suggesting the
piccadilly line should terminate at hounslow and a light rail line run
to heathrow would be considered mad , yet for some reason this
seems setup seems to be seen to be ok for city airport. British
short sightedness at its most stunningly thickwitted I would say.

Funny that years ago the Piccadilly Line used to run only as far as
Hounslow West and everyone was kicked off on to a bus to get to
Heathrow.

Nonsense - I mean, not nonsense that the Picc. Line ended at Hounslow,
of course it did, but the way you went to Heathrow then was by coach
from the West London Air Terminal (which is now a Sainsbury's) on the
Cromwell Road. You went only as far as Gloucester Road by Tube! And I
think there was also a terminal opposite Victoria Coach station, if I
remember rightly.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/