Old August 21st 03, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Northern Line - again!

"Ed Crowley" wrote in news:3f434833$0$46003$65c69314
@mercury.nildram.net:

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , Ed Crowley
writes

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , Rupert

Goodwins
writes

Would it not be possible to dynamically redo the timetable during the
day, to take account of changes occuring after the start of play? I
appreciate that this is non-trivial, and I expect there are a lot of
implications for rostering, but it's the sort of thing that might be
feasible with today's IT that wasn't just a few years back.
So you as a driver having just done 3 to five hour's in the cab is
approached at say Golders Green, and told that because of reprogramming
for the public good you can't have relief but have to carry on for a
further four hours for the public good. Right I understand putting

the
public first, but isn't a driver also a member of the human race and
entitled to some time off?

Another four hours? One end of the Northern line to the other takes

roughly
70 minutes ...

But once you've buggered up change over please explain where the fantom
staff come from?

Probably best to have the whole thing using ATO with a member of staff on
every platform for door closing duties ...

LUL staff fought long and hard for the right never to be on the platforms.