Old August 20th 03, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Winter David Winter is offline

Default Northern Line - again!

Never mind human race 'n all that -

Drivers in all industries need refreshment breaks in order to sustain the
concentration required of them. It's mandatory for heavy goods vehicle
drivers (tachograph) in most places (oddly enough, not for intrastate
non-permit loads in my home State Western Australia), air crew and will be
covered by legislation and industrial agreements for rail and bus drivers
and other crew.

DW

"Clive" wrote in message
: In message , Rupert Goodwins
: writes
:
: Would it not be possible to dynamically redo the timetable during the
: day, to take account of changes occuring after the start of play? I
: appreciate that this is non-trivial, and I expect there are a lot of
: implications for rostering, but it's the sort of thing that might be
: feasible with today's IT that wasn't just a few years back.
: So you as a driver having just done 3 to five hour's in the cab is
: approached at say Golders Green, and told that because of reprogramming
: for the public good you can't have relief but have to carry on for a
: further four hours for the public good. Right I understand putting the
: public first, but isn't a driver also a member of the human race and
: entitled to some time off?
: --
: Clive