Old May 27th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default TfL Board gives approval for next step for DLR Stratford extension

Boltar wrote:
When the tube initially arrived at Hounslow back in the 30s,
heathrow was a patch of grass with some bi-planes sitting on it.
When the jubilee line was extended LCA was already a busy
airport and IMO was a clear target for the JLE to terminate at
instead of the rather pointless terminus at Stratford.

London City is and always will be quite a small airport. It currently
handles about 1.7 mppa (million passengers per annum). Assuming 50
weeks of 5 days, that's 6800 passengers per day. According to Newham
Council, Stratford station (all lines) currently handles 52,000
passengers per day. I fail to see the logic behind "clear target" and
"rather pointless terminus"

--
Richard J.