Old May 28th 05, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

In message , at 10:15:33 on Sat,
28 May 2005, Michael Hopkins remarked:
I think what was meant was not how the lines are printed on the map, but
what happens in practice, for instance a Hammersmith Edgware Road service,
then becomes a Circle for a few times, then becomes a Barking train (as it
were). I know most H&C run as that, but are there some that do the loop in
between?

If you are saying that a train leaves Hammersmith as "H&C" and then is
re-branded "Circle" when it gets to Edgware Rd, then does a few
'circles', eventually being rebranded as "H&C" at Liverpool St and
heading off to Barking; then that's not something I'd ever noticed.

It is, however, very similar to the plan I referred to earlier.