Old May 28th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

In article , Michael Hopkins
writes
I think what was meant was not how the lines are printed on the map, but
what happens in practice, for instance a Hammersmith Edgware Road service,
then becomes a Circle for a few times, then becomes a Barking train (as it
were). I know most H&C run as that, but are there some that do the loop in
between?

The normal arrangement is for the Circle trains (201-207 and 211-217) to
come from depot or sidings and run straight into Circle service (or
reverse direction somewhere and then circulate). Most circle
continuously all day, then go to depot or sidings, but some may turn
into H&Cs after the evening peak.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: