Old May 29th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm & Nika Malcolm & Nika is offline

Default Why can't LU cope with a signal failure?

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK - let's see. Dag East unstaffed one time when points needed
securing, Upminster LU-side left in charge of a medically-restricted
DMT who could only do the "desk", emergency lights in cars can be just
two tubes (like how dark it sometimes gets over rail gaps) - there are
no tunnel lights at night in the open of course, the supervisor ar
Rayners whom I met recently who admitted he's never been familiarised
at that location in over 2 years!!! (his fault or his DSMs? Result same
in any case!).

Ok so you have some incidents. Can you supply dates? Was it recently or a
long time ago? Is it still the same now? If it is and you are an LU
employee, by your knowledge of these things you become complicit if you dont
report them on. So who to you ask? CIRUS is still operating albeit not quite
the same. And Im sure HMRI would be interested.
If your not LUL- get onto HMRI.
With regard to Dag East with med restricted DMT. I dont know that area at
all so i only make general comments. The 'desk' is quite capable of being
run by a med restricted person. Its not a safety critical position and
surely you must agree that the desk man can't leave - who would be available
to co-ordinate the T/Ops if he did. The last person you would want to leave
there position is the 'desk' person. Like i say - i dont know that area or
working practices, they may be different to places i am familiar with. I
dont doubt you bit perhaps we see it from different perspectives.

The Rayners SS, its his fault in the first instance, then his DSM should
also be responsible - but he cant be with them 24/7. However at the money
the SS is on surely he has the intelect to realise he needs it. Everybody
must take responsibility for there actions. He could easily be familiarised
when he takes the shift over, it does not need a manager to do it. I can
only hope you expressed your concern/disgust to him/her at the time. After
all, it could be your life in his/her hands one day.

What stock have only 2 tubes on batteries? Educate me. Again stock i know
has more than that.

You got me on the no tunnel lights in the open........been underground for
too long i think...time for a change!

Lets sort it.....
Mal