Old May 30th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default TfL Board gives approval for next step for DLR Stratford extension

London City is and always will be quite a small airport. It currently
handles about 1.7 mppa (million passengers per annum). Assuming 50
weeks of 5 days, that's 6800 passengers per day. According to Newham

And you don't think thats a lot?

Council, Stratford station (all lines) currently handles 52,000
passengers per day. I fail to see the logic behind "clear target" and
"rather pointless terminus"

Airport = clear target (and obviously someone in tfl has finally
noticed or
else the DLR wouldn't be going there).

Rather pointless terminus = area that is already served by mainline
trains
to liverpool street, NLL, central line & DLR. I'm trying to think of a
reason
that a run down tip like stratford would need yet another tube line to
go
there.

B2003