Old May 30th 05, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:38:24 on Sun, 29 May
2005, Dave Arquati remarked:

Lastly, Dave, you say "Works will be undertaken on the Hammersmith &
City line station at Paddington to relieve overcrowding.". Can you
expand on that at all?

I don't have anything else on it, but I presume it's because if
services run Hammersmith - Edgware Road - Tower Hill - Gloucester Road
- Edgware Road, then *everyone* heading from Paddington towards Baker
Street and King's Cross (and vice versa) will be using the current H&C
platforms, whereas at the moment they divide between the H&C and
Circle platforms.

Why is that? Are they proposing that the trains don't stop at
Paddington-Circle on the Gloucester Rd to Edgware Rd leg?

No - if trains run the pattern I described, then trains calling at
Paddington (Circle) eastbound will only ever be running as far as
Edgware Road, so nearly every passenger heading east will have to use
the current H&C eastbound platform instead.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7