Old May 30th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

In message , at 10:51:40 on Mon, 30
May 2005, Clive D. W. Feather remarked:
I don't have anything else on it, but I presume it's because if
services run Hammersmith - Edgware Road - Tower Hill - Gloucester
Road - Edgware Road, then *everyone* heading from Paddington towards
Baker Street and King's Cross (and vice versa) will be using the
current H&C platforms, whereas at the moment they divide between the
H&C and Circle platforms.

Why is that? Are they proposing that the trains don't stop at
Paddington-Circle on the Gloucester Rd to Edgware Rd leg?

No, but if people get to know that the trains on the H&C platform
always go straight to KX while those on the Circle platform *never* do,
which are they going to use?

Ah, so these trains terminate at Edgware Road do they? Is there the
capacity to do that, as well as terminating the Wimbleware ones?