Old May 30th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Charlie Pearce wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

ONscotland wrote:

I read that LUL are withdrawing the "Circle" line service, as it
causes far too many delays at the various bottlenecks on the route.

It's an old plan which gets revived every few years; Metronet have it
in their sights now.

Nobody's asked the most important question - what's this going to do to
the look of the map?! :-)

My money's on the Hammersmith end of the H&C being a horizontal line
though Paddington, Edgware Road and Baker Street, with the Edgware Road
end, along with the Wimbleware, running into it vertically, much in the
manner of Hammersmith or Elephant & Castle. Paddington would have circles
on the lines in both directions; they would not necessarily be linked with
a stem, since there isn't an in-station interchange between them (i think
they're separate on the current tube map; i only have a London Connections
to hand).

Here's some ascii (minus the Bakerloo!):

Edgware Road
Paddington | Baker Street

O Paddington

+ Bayswater

Hence, i suppose, the name 'T-cup'.

tom

--
I think it would be a good idea -- Mohandas Gandhi, on Western civilisation