Old May 31st 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
R.C. Payne R.C. Payne is offline

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:15:33 on Sat,
28 May 2005, Michael Hopkins remarked:

I think what was meant was not how the lines are printed on the map, but
what happens in practice, for instance a Hammersmith Edgware Road
service,
then becomes a Circle for a few times, then becomes a Barking train
(as it
were). I know most H&C run as that, but are there some that do the
loop in
between?

If you are saying that a train leaves Hammersmith as "H&C" and then is
re-branded "Circle" when it gets to Edgware Rd, then does a few
'circles', eventually being rebranded as "H&C" at Liverpool St and
heading off to Barking; then that's not something I'd ever noticed.

It is, however, very similar to the plan I referred to earlier.

I have been on a circle train coming round from the City (Eastbound on
the district), and as soon as it reached Liverpool St, the automatic
lady told me it was a Hammersmith and City line train to Hammersmith.
Was a few years ago (probably about 5), but I recall asking on here at
the time and being told it was not unusual. My memory might be at fault.

Robin