Old August 21st 03, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Those round yellow disks?

"Steve" wrote in message

Reminds me of the time we were filming people using ticket machines in

order
to understand how people used them. These were the old big red/orange NSE
machines with a button for each possible destination. They had a coin slot
and note slot (no cards as NSE would not take the risk), people tried

putting
coins in the note slot and vice versa...so basically to:

"how long before someone tries to crush their oyster card into the ticket
slot."

ITYM the QuickFare machines. Nearly 20 years on they still do the same thing
(despite pictograms showing which way to insert notes), along with trying to
cram chewing gum and other non-cash deposits into the slots. That is the
reason that QuickFare machines are so regularly out of service when you want
to buy a ticket!