Old May 31st 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

Peter Lawrence wrote:
From Sunday Times article on the CTRL at St Pancras: ' Just as the
Midland had ploughed up corpses to build its tracks, so the new work
unearthed further remains. In fact, no fewer than 7,000 bodies came
out of the ground just north of the station.'

Were there really so many bodies found? When I asked a CTRL
lecturer last year whether any bodies had been unearthed the answer
was ' yes, a few'. I wonder which report is accurate.

There were a number of reports about this in 2002-03. For example,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2516907.stm .
In Parliament on 23 Jan 2003, a junior transport minister said that "it
is estimated that the remains of up to 8,000 bodies will be removed from
the site".
http://www.publications.parliament.u...t/30123w23.htm

--
Richard J.