Old August 21st 03, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Christopher Allen Christopher Allen is offline

Default Oystercrud.co.uk

In article slrnbij40l.f7u.takeme2yourNOMORESPAMPLEASE@scratc h.garylaw.net,
u n d e r a c h i e v e r wrote:

OK, so my my shiny new oyster expires at 0400 so I've just logged on
to renew it...

...the site can help you with a lost password, but not with a lost
username...
...the site doesn't have a prominent 'renew my ticket' link...
...remember my credit card details?...

These are both useful suggestions. Did you write to the oystercard
people to suggest them?

...the renewal starts in FOUR DAYS TIME. FFS!

Well, you can get it to send you a reminder notice, you know.

I asked to be reminded at seven days, and was, but I had a very hard
time with the web site because I wanted to use (what turned out to be)
a different card to pay for my renewal, and it kept rejecting it. I
thought this was because it was missing part of my address, but
attempts to update my address information would be accepted but have
no effect (i.e., it would say that it had updated my address but still
show the old one). After spending nearly 30 minutes without success
at oystercard.com, I went to the touch-screen ticket machine at my
local station and renewed my ticket in less than 30 seconds.

I've written to the Oystercard people to complain about the problems I
had when I attempted to update my address. We'll see what they say.

All in all, things seem to be working reasonably well. I've only had
two buses in the last month refuse to read my ticket, and one RM
conductor did get a bit fussed over the "Not Valid for Travel" mark on
my Record of Travel, but was satisfied when I showed I had the
Oystercard with me too.

Christopher

--
Christopher Allen . + . -===""===- c==== .