Old June 1st 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes
"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com

That's fascinating. I'm surprised I've heard so little about this in
the newspapers and on the broadcast news, I'd have expected more
controversy.

If the Midland could dig up thousands of festering corpses without too
much of a kerfuffle why would there be controversy 140 years later over
a few odd bones? Frenchmen's bones at that!

I was a gravedigger in the school holidays many years ago in Epsom. In
the chalklands bodies rot away after 50 years, the gravestone is cleared
and the plot is resold.

What bones and all?...

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

--