Old June 1st 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes
"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In article , tony sayer
wrote:

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

Whois says:

Huh? That is a freebie website with a scrapbook I put together re
Marrantz's query about what looked like it was the Fleet River but
turned out to be the old Parcel Hall.

Or are you saying you can't download the pictures?

No the site wasn't going any where earlier, but its fine now apart when
you click on the pictures as if to expand them, they come back original
size.

Anyway apart from that, very interesting....

If you can find the
St George's & Bloomsbury Burial Ground you can detect Cooks Row by the
kink in what is now Pancras Road and so overlay the modern railway on
to the 1827 map. Or do I have to do another scrapbook?

http://tinyurl.com/8o4kx

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

--
Tony Sayer