Old June 3rd 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Central line buggered again

Brimstone wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Here we go. Go on , tell us what a "complex situation" it was and
how "everyone did their best given the circumstances" and perhaps
"lessons were learned". Etc. Fact is , despite all the platitudes
people were stuck in unpleasent conditions. Who knows what
would have happened if it had been a hot day. Linking up trains
so people can walk through isn't rocket science and when I was
in NYC it actually happened to the train I was on. Difference was
the cluetrain arrived early in their control room and within 15
mins we were all standing on a platform.

As I suspected, you don't.

So what is the explanation why it took an hour and a half to get
passengers out on this occasion? It does seem an awfully long time.

In the airline industry, there are standards set for how long it should
take to empty an aircraft in an emergency evacuation. 90 seconds comes
to mind. I know that this was not that sort of emergency, but are there
standards set by LU for the maximum time that passengers should be stuck
underground?
--
Richard J.