Old June 3rd 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neillw001 Neillw001 is offline

Default Central line buggered again

I wonder what would have happened if there had been a fire spreading
along the tunnel toward the train, or water leaking in from a burst
main? Are people expected to sit there and wait to die?
This sort of thing fills me with dread as I get panic attacks in
enclosed spaces that I cannot get out of when I want to. One thing I
worry about is being on a train of any sort and not being able to
leave. If I'd been down there yesterday I'd most likely have ended up
in hospital and be in communication with a solicitor and/or a reporter
from the Daily Express today.
LU, or any underground train operator are skating on thin ice over this
sort of thing. Surely the most important consideration must be to
detrain passengers and get them to safety as soon as it becomes clear
the situation cannot be resolved within a few minutes. I can't believe
that LU systems are so archaic that this sort of action cannot be
co-ordinated, or do we have to wait until people die to find out that
they are?

Neill