Old June 3rd 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default getting around london on holiday

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 23:11:36 -0400, "Mike"
said:

Heading to your fine city in July...I know London is big...are there any
areas/sections of the city that are "preferrable" to stay in for a week?
Easy to navigate compared to others?? Been to London before 11 years ago,
stayed in Bloomsbury area near Russell Square. We found ourselves always
heading away from there to eat and drink in the evenings, tho.

Bloomsbury would actually be quite a good place to stay - it's within
easy reach of all the touristy places and plenty of good restaurants
and pubs, but is quieter than anywhere in the west end proper.

But if you really don't want to stay there, my next choice would be
around Lancaster Gate or somewhere near the river in Southwark.