Old June 4th 05, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Clark W. Griswold, Jr. is offline

Default getting around london on holiday

David Cantrell wrote:

But if you really don't want to stay there, my next choice would be
around Lancaster Gate

Yep. The area between Lancaster Gate and Notting Hill has a number of places to
stay that are quite suitable for touist and up accomodation. London Elizabeth
used to be quite nice, but its been a few years since I stayed there. There also
used to be a Quality Inn a couple of streets off of Bayswater.

Easy access to the Central Line as well as a couple of bus routes that run down
Oxford street.