Old August 21st 03, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Those round yellow disks?

CJG wrote in message ...
In message , Ken
writes
I've noticed on some of the more modern buses that there is a yellow
disk by the ticket machine and that some oaps appear to scan their bus
passes on it instead of showing the driver.

What is the purpose of these and can I scan my travelcard?

I've also noticed them on tramlink stations.

I wonder how long before someone tries to
crush their oyster card into the ticket slot.

I've already had to explain their use to people who were about to do just that.

Kat