Old June 7th 05, 07:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Connections Map

asdf wrote:
Other changes I've noticed:

- New limited SET service between Elephant & Castle and Herne Hill
- No more Thameslink blockade
- Kilburn High Road is (at last) shown as being temporarily closed
- Sudbury Hill Harrow is now shown as an interchange station with
Sudbury Hill, and is no longer shown as a limited service station
- New limited Southern service via Bookham

And the DLR extension to London City Airport is indicated using a
diagrammatical device I haven't seen used before - a branch off from
the existing line after Custom House with a pointing arrow to the east,
accompanied by an explanatory box stating the extension opens in
December 2005. I wonder why the map makers didn't use the usual
technique of adding the new route in an 'under construction' outline.

Plus has Sudbury Hill Harrow looks like it loses it's 'limited service'
station symbol simply because it's incompatible with the 'interchange
station' symbol. A brief timetable check suggests it doesn't benefit
from anything more than a train an hour off-peak. I'm all for pointing
out the proximity of stations to one another on a map, but in this
instance it looks like the passenger both wins and loses in the battle
for gleaning useful travel information from this map.