Old June 8th 05, 06:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Christian Hansen Christian Hansen is offline

Default Disruption on Bakerloo Line last night 7 June 2005

I was returning from Kenton to E&C (a long journey in and of itself) when, at
about 9:55 pm, just south of Waterloo, the emergency brakes engaged and the
train stopped dead. For 35 minutes we sat there. The driver came out of her
cab and looked out various windows at the tunnel wall, searching for I know
not what. She made about 4 announcements, the gist of which was that "a
supervisor was on his way to ensure that the track ahead was safe for the
train to proceed". This supervisor took quite a while to get there.

Finally, after 35 minutes, the train shuddered into life and pulled into
Lambeth North where we were decanted to await the next train.

What was really galling was the recorded announcement, while we were waiting
for the next train, saying that "there is a good service on the Bakerloo
Line." How could there be, with a train stuck southbound for 35 minutes?

Anyone here connected with LUL who might know more about this particular sad
story?
--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com