Old June 8th 05, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default London Connections Map

John Rowland wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

What's the limited service operated by Southern around
the Thameslink Wimbledon loop? That seems to be new.

It was running when I lived in Sutton 7 years ago.

It's been running the present way for at least ten years I think.
Thameslink runs the Wimbledon loop in both directions off peak, but in
the peaks they only run it in one direction while Southern runs it in
the other direction (ie clockwise v anticlockwise).

I can never remember which runs which, but I know it reverses, ie
whichever operator runs it clockwise in the morning runs it
anticlockwise in the evening.

Immediately before this arrangement, South Central, or whatever it was,
ran the Wimbledon loop all the time, in a broken figure of eight. That
is, London Bridge, Peckham, Streatham, Wimbledon, Sutton, Selhurst,
Streatham Common, Victoria (and the reverse).

I think Thameslink was just running down to West Croydon at that time.